Happy 2nd Birthday Kyla!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Yes, I know we owe lots of Scotland footage, but we've been busy getting ready for Kyla's birthday today and birthday party this coming weekend.  Kyla had a great day today although she doesn't really like for us to sing "Happy Birthday" - she keeps saying "no, no no."  She's definitely a contradiction in liking the spotlight sometimes, but not at others.  

John and I can't believe our little girl is 2!!  And she definitely got the memo on how to be a 2 year old and test every boundary in sight!!  But she is also developing the cutest personality.  Her speech has come such a long way in the last month and she is really starting to communicate with us.  And smart cookie - when she can't find the words, she'll find a book with a picture of what she wants!  We can't wait to see what she has in store for us this year.  

Here are a few pictures from the day of opening gifts this morning and the birthday cupcakes after dinner.  Cupcakes are one of her very favorite things not only to eat, but to look at and read about.  Girl after my own heart!  Sadly, Kyla's "big gift" from mum-mum and daddy (as she likes to call us) didn't arrive in time, but hopefully it'll be here this week.  Shhhh.... it's a play kitchen.

Looking at the stash of gifts from family
Grumpy Gertrude face because I'm taking pictures

Playing with her legos from Gran & Papa
Getting good at opening presents
Ky got lots of books, since she LOVES to read
More pressies!
Using her new "doctor kit" on Daddy
Blowing out the candles
Happy Birthday to me!
Her 2 Year Old Face (oh the wheels are turning)


I have her 2 year video ready to go, but I want to add some pictures from her party this Sunday, so I'll post it after I upload those.  

0 comments: