Time

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dylan woke up tonight at 8:30pm to eat (he was so tired at 6:30pm that he never finished his bottle).  When he was done I cuddled him on my chest to burp him.  I couldn't help smelling his freshly washed hair and skin.  Feel his warm breath on my neck and how his fuzzy hair tickled my chin.  And his little hand was curled around my arm like he was cuddling me back.  


Time goes so quickly.  So melancholy to think that I'll never have this night again, he'll never be this age again.  But it's true.  I think knowing Dylan may be our last baby (still in negotiations), it makes me hold tighter to the memories.  With Kyla it sometimes seemed like I was winging my way through motherhood, and not taking the time to savor every detail.  It's slower this time - and sadly in some ways faster.   The good news is that it makes those late night feeding much less painful.  It's the one time my active little boy just melts against me and we can just "be." And time seems to stand still, at least for the  moment.

1 comments:

The Graf's said...

Krista, this entry is just beautiful. I know, it goes by so fast and you have to savor every single day. Harper turns 9 next month and is our sunshine. Love the blog. xoxo. carmen