Kyla's First Day of Preschool

Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of School Picture
(she insisted on sitting like this)





She was so excited this morning and ran right in to see her teachers and hug her BFF Sophie.  I was a bit teary-eyed seeing my baby, my first born as such a big girl now.  It's so wonderful, yet bitter-sweet, you know what I mean?  I tried to snap picture after picture of her to memorialize the moment, but Kyla only allowed so much before she was off playing - and frankly who can blame her.  

And yes, we do match but that's because my independent child has a "matching" obsession right now.  She has to match what I'm wearing, what Dylan is wearing, what a girl she sees is wearing or what someone on TV or in her books is wearing.  We go through multiple outfits a day and it's a bit exhausting.  But hey, I think it's payback or something from the Universe, because it sounds like something my mom used to say about me! :)  Oh, and don't get me started on the hair accessories or how it has to look.  Right now we are in the "Tinkerbell/Cinderalla" phase of needing our hair in a ponytail.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Kyla looks so grown up, and it is great to read that she is so enthusiastic about going to pre-school. Long may that continue! Yes, I noticed the matching clothes right away! You will be running late many a morning I'm sure if Kyla is picking her own clothes each day! I have that times two!! Though the mandatory school uniform saves me problems at least on weekdays!! LOL Janice x

Staci said...

so cute!! we miss you guys so much!