Playground

Monday, August 17, 2009

Kyla and I have been going to our neighborhood playground since she was a baby.  My grandmother and I actually took Kyla there in the pram when she was 2 weeks old and sat on the park bench, so I could get out of the house after having a c-section.  Anyway.... it's still a favorite spot and with the blazing hot summer we are having, we try to go as many mornings as possible before it gets too hot.  The kids were having such a good time the other morning, so I started taking some pictures with my iPhone.  That's when I realized what a big girl Kyla has become!  

I used to dream of the days when I could sit on the bench and relax while she played on the jungle gym, well those days are here!  She would beg me to help her climb "the beanstalk" before she could even reach the "leaves" with her feet.  And now she can climb it all by herself!  And she would look up longingly watching the "big kids" climb on the bars, and now with a bit of assistance to get to the first rung - she can climb it!  She is so proud of her accomplishments and so am I, but a tad nostalgic.  Of course then I remember little DJ, who still needs help just playing on the first level of the structure and I have my baby back!

On the first rung

Almost There

At the top!

Climbing "the beanstalk"
For comparison - Kyla at 8 months


Where's DJ, you may ask?  Happily playing in his stroller

Enjoying the jungle gym 
(no, he's not falling over, he was excitedly waving his arms when I took the picture)

0 comments: