Miss Drama

Friday, May 28, 2010

This evening I had a lovely dinner with Kyla at our favorite local restaurant, Waterloo. It's right next to the dance studio and very convenient after her Friday evening class. And bonus, they have a playpark in the back. John was out with DJ at our friend Ross' happy hour (yes, we had a baby in a bar), so it was just the girls for dinner. Everything was going great until our conversation on the ride home:


Kyla: I usually ride home from dance with Daddy
Me: Daddy's with Dylan. We had such a good dinner together and I had so much fun. I'm so glad I get to ride home with you in the car, too. Woohoo (added for emphasis)
Kyla: Don't say that!
Me: Say what?
Kyla: "woohoo." That hurts my feelings
Me: Kyla, Mommy was saying how much fun I had with you"
Kyla: You hurt Kyla's feelings. That wasn't very nice. You hurt my feelings. That's rude. You need to say sorry.
Me: I was saying something nice, but I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings
Kyla: Hurt Kyla's feelings. Very hurt.

Just call my little princess, "Miss Drama." She must get that from John. :)

0 comments: