Aunt Marion's New House Site

Sunday, May 10, 2009







I've always loved history, even in high school it was my favorite subject.  It's not all just facts and dates.  I like to imagine how people lived in whatever time I'm reading about - how did they dress, what were their day to day lives like?  Scotland of course is full of History, with a capital "H."  But most of what I've seen are heros, kings and queens and castles.  So, it was really interesting for me to visit Aunt Marion's land where she's planning to build a new house.  Not only is the property really beautiful, but there is an old house still standing on the site.  Just a plain small home where ordinary people lived and worked.  It's only a shell, but apparently it was lived in just 30-40 years ago.  And I couldn't help wondering what life was like for the family that lived there...

0 comments: