The Sheep Farm! (April 14th)

Thursday, May 7, 2009

After dropping some not so subtle hints to John, we made a plan to visit his aunt Marion's sheep farm "Shambellie Grange" in New Abbey (just outside Dumfries).  What a beautiful place!  They have so many animals including cows, sheep and a Shetland pony they keep as a pet.  

As I said before, I love lanbs so I was doubly thrilled that Aunt Marion had some sheep with babies in the barn.  One of them had to be hand-fed because the mom didn't produce any milk.  So I was actually able to see it being fed and then hold the lamb before putting him back in the pen with his mama.  You'll see from the video I was embarrassingly over the moon! 


Entrance sign
Aunt Marion's house
View from the house down to the Abbey
Petting the horse
LOVE this picture of Kyla - such a sweet face

I love this picture - just happened to catch it at the right time
The horse and Kyla spying each other
Cow and calf feeding
Kyla laughing at the dog
John and Kyla
Trying to steal my hat
Got it!
Cousin Dylan in Aunt Marion's house
Kyla playing with Cousin Dylan's tractor - we got to keep Edwin the driver
Hand feeding the lamb
Sucking on my finger
Highlight of my trip, holding a lamb!
Mom and baby
You can't tell me this isn't adorable!
Kyla and the lamb - mama sheep is watching protectively


0 comments: